Covid-19 patients who develop neurological manifestations often undergo a worse course, characterized by a poor quality of life and a higher risk of mortality. Those who develop neurological conditions during their hospital stay usually have longer stays and are in need of specific rehabilitation once discharged from hospital Varanasi.
One of the main obstacles in identifying situations in which neurological comorbidities could develop is represented by the fact that often, at least in the most severe cases of Covid-19, these patients are not “neurologically explorable”: some of them are intubated and sedated, and this does not allow to detect neurological symptoms such as memory loss, speech disorders and motor problems.
In these patients, neuroimaging techniques, such as CT and nuclear magnetic resonance imaging, can help identify neurological damage. In some cases, however, for both severe patients and those with a milder disease course, imaging tools risk failing to identify neurological damage. Read More: What Does A Paediatric Orthopedist Of Top Hospital In Varanasi treat?
An innovative method to identify, early and with high sensitivity, the possible development of neurological damage is the analysis of indicators present in the blood, of a biological or biochemical type, which can be accurately analysed and which can be related to the onset or development of a specific pathology (biomarkers). In the case of neurological damage, the levels of certain proteins in the blood can indicate whether there is ongoing:
- Damage of neurons;
- Excessive activation of glial cells in the brain;
- An alteration of the blood brain barrier.
In fact, recent studies have shown that the levels of these proteins are particularly high in the blood of patients with Covid-19 and in particular are associated with both mortality and the severity of the disease.
The measurement of these proteins at the right time by an expert of Mirzapur best hospital will allow a timely and more accurate stratification of the severity of patients, directing them towards the best therapeutic path.
What diseases does a neurologist treat?
Extensive scientific knowledge and extensive practical experience of Popular Hospital neurologists, together with the latest medical and diagnostic equipment, guarantee effective medical care for patients with diseases such as:
- Pain in various parts of the body (headaches, discomfort in the neck, back, lower back, arms and legs);
- Neuralgia, neuritis, neuropathy;
- Osteochondrosis, spondylosis, herniated discs, radiculitis, lumbago, ankylosing spondylitis;
- The consequences of the suffered strokes, trauma, operations on the brain and spine;
- Atherosclerosis, cerebrovascular insufficiency, vegetative-vascular, dystonia;
- Encephalopathy of various origins;
- Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, dementia;
- Dizziness, weakness, fainting, stress, impaired coordination, memory, attention, sleep.
What symptoms should you contact a neurologist with?
Neurological diseases in modern society are a very urgent problem.Do not risk your health and make an appointment with a neurologist at Popular Hospital.Highly qualified specialists are receiving appointments in this hospital. In many cases, preventing illness is much easier than treating it, so plan your visits to your top hospital in Varanasi ahead of time.