Congratulations if you’ve decided to acquire a cochlear implant through the best ent-cochlear implant surgery in Varanasi! It’s a significant step forward in connecting with all of the sounds in your life. To help you get started, we’ve compiled this list of resources that you can utilize before having your cochlear implant: before the surgery, and after the operation, such as for device activation.
Before Your Cochlear Implant Surgery
Cochlear implantation is a simple process. And in some facilities, you can go home the same day after your consultation with the best ent-cochlear implant surgery in Varanasi, at the famous hospital. Here are a few things you can do to ensure that you have a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
- Bring your hearing aid with you if you have one. Make sure you’re aware of its presence at all times. Wear it or stow it in a safe location while the nurses are preparing your bed. Do not store it in a napkin or handkerchief, as this may result in your hearing aid being thrown out by accident.
- Tell your doctor and medical team ahead of time if you’re taking any medications. This will ensure that your doctor administers the appropriate drugs and anesthesia.
- Following that, your surgeon will most likely offer you instructions on how to recuperate as quickly as possible. This will include details such as how long you should keep your bandage on, what activities you should and should not perform, and other recovery-related advice.
- Once your doctor tells you significant information, make sure you repeated it back to them to ensure you get it correctly. If you’re not confident, encourage them to reiterate the information differently or write it down for you if you’re not sure.
- Make a list of crucial hearing dates for the coming month: when (and also where) will you be activated? Will you need to see your surgeon or audiologist for any follow-up before then?
- Your major goal after that should be to rest, heal, and relax. After all, it won’t be very long until your hearing aid allows you to hear!
Before and after the procedure, you will meet with many specialists.
Now is a good time to educate yourself on the various facets of hearing with a cochlear implant, including the several specialists you’ll encounter, the phrases and jargon you’ll hear them use, and the rehabilitation activities that will help you listen your best.
Here are some examples of different specialists with whom you might collaborate:
Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist (ENT):
You’ve probably previously met with an ENT Specialist if you have a cochlear implant. They’ll be the ones to see if you have any concerns about the healthiness of your hearing after you’ve been activated.
Known as the best ent-cochlear implant surgery in Varanasi provider, At Popular hospital with have all the specialist under one roof;
Hearing Aid Specialist:
Hearing therapists are professionals that assist with hearing tests, expectations setting, and some rehabilitation tasks.
An audiologist will enable your cochlear implant and will also assist you with follow-up counseling, additional fittings, comprehending your cochlear implant equipment, as well as some rehabilitative for the normal life.
Speech & Language Pathologist/Therapist (SLP/T):
An SLP/T can assist you in tracking your hearing improvement over time, assessing your listening, speaking, and linguistic requirements, developing and working on communication goals with you, and answering any questions you may have regarding your communication.
Many additional professionals specialize in hearing and cochlear implants, and you can learn more about their responsibilities in our blog post about hearing loss specialists.
Audio Processor Activation after the Procedure
After you’ve received your implant and returned home from the hospital, you’ll need to complete the final step of this procedure. Now comes the waiting time; in most cases, the surface element of the cochlear impact is inserted after the internal piece has become part of the body, thus it can take anywhere from 4 months to half a year.
It’s all about waiting and preparing for the activation of your cochlear implant. That’s the day you’ll start hearing noises through the exterior element of your cochlear implant, the auditory processor.
The timing of your activation varies by location, but it normally takes place between 2 and 6 weeks after you leave the hospital following your operation.
Consult with Popular today if you want to consult with the best ent-cochlear implant surgery in Varanasi.